A great list of simple things that you can do to save your eyes from degeneration due to age (yeah yeah, taking care of them now, saves them later!). I loved this list because, most of the dietary options are vegetarian – and I am a strict vegetarian. Some salient points:
- Eat spinach twice a week
- Blueberries and yogurt
- Red onions are better than yellow onions
- Aim your car AC vents at your feet and not at your eyes. Dried up eyes are bad.
- Sweet potatoes are very good
- Wear sunglasses and a broad brimmed hat to avoid direct exposure to sunlight
- Beet is very good for the eyes.
And the lifehacker favourite (mine too!):
- Move your computer screen to just below eye level. Your eyes will close slightly when you’re staring at the computer, minimizing fluid evaporation and the risk of dry eye syndrome, says John Sheppard, M.D., who directs the ophthalmology residency program at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Virginia.
Read the full article here.
(Thanks lifehacker for this awesome pointer).