Wow. This is what happens when you take the hit Disney soundtrack of “Frozen” and pass it through Google Translate and retranslate that back to English. Hilarious. You can notice how the singer tries very hard to suppress her smiles. But, besides all that, a very gifted singer indeed.
Watched a movie in the theatres after a very very long time. A first for my son. We took my 4 y/o for his first movie experience over the weekend. Watched the new Disney movie ‘Frozen’.
My thoughts on the movie:
- Excellent story line and execution – nothing surprising here – since it is Disney.
- The snow effects are just awesome.
- Since it is a kids movie, the 3D effects are not jarring or frightening. In fact, even without the glasses, it didnt feel bad. (Some 3D movies look super blurred without the glasses). Perhaps this was intentional too. Sometimes it is difficult to get the kids to keep the glasses on for a long time. This happened with my son midway through the movie.
- Super comedy with Olaf the snowman. Great recovery at the end, where there is a magical arrangement (watch the movie to see it!) to make sure that Olaf does not melt away. Great touch – since the kids would have hated to lose this character.
- Awesome depiction of feelings and human like emotions on animated characters.
- Nice twists and turns in the plot.
- Overall, a great entertainer.
(picture source: Official Disney Frozen Site)
There are only three letters needed to describe this beautiful animated short from Disney. Wow. Just Wow. From the beautifully drawn to the computer generated mixing to the fantastic facial expressions of the characters. Every twitch of the eye. The shrug. The sigh. The disappointment. The surprise. Disney still lives. Disney still rocks. And will always will.
Walt Disney’s mantra was, “I don’t make movies to make money—I make money to make movies.”
I just read this in an interview with Brad Bird of Pixar, on innovation and creativity. Disney’s quote is a beautiful one. Shows that, one cannot focus on money and innovation. at the same time.