Wow. Just when we thought, people are atlast, going back to analog productivity systems,
like to-do-lists on paper, and 3M postits for reminders, researchers at MIT come up with this brilliant system.
- write note on special quicky post-it kept on a special electronic pad
- electronic pad recognizes the post as a reminder, or a contact, or a label ; and categorizes it into its database.
- the postit note has an RFID tag on it. The tag id is added to above database item
- when user searches for a keyword, the database is searched, the RFID tag is retrieved, the location of the tag is then retrieved, and displayed on the screen.
- these quickies can also send reminders to your phone, for appointments etc
Read the full post here at Discovery news.
Or, visit the MIT project page here.